Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Heart Food.

I'm Jaime and I love food. I love to look at food. I love to read about food. I love to take pictures of food. I love to talk about food. And, yes, I love to eat food.

Things you need to know about me and food:

1. I am a vegetarian, OK, technically a pescetarian (that means I eat fish) but only because my doctor told me to!

2. My husband is a picky eater and my daughter is a picky eater. Unfortunately, they do not coincide with their differences. Most nights each of us are eating different things. This is annoying. On nights that we all eat and ENJOY the same thing, I mark the day on the calendar to be celebrated as a holiday for years to come.

3. I, despite my current appearance do prefer to eat healthy, nutritional, non-processed food. (Ha! You'll laugh to yourself when you see the first recipe I post and the following item.)

4. I have a sweet tooth. I love cakes, cookies, and pies; however, I am very snobby about baked items. Very infrequently do I eat bakery items, I find them flavorless. And don't even get me started about grocery store "bakeries." Ew. There are few people whose baked goods uphold my standards, and therefore, possess the right to clog my arteries. These people include: myself (nose in air), my mom (although she no longer bakes), my sister Jill (her chocolate chip cookies are divine) and my friend Heather whose red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting will have you smiling all throughout your quadruple bypass.

2 comments:

  1. #2---how do you guys do that?! Details, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we eat different things? Joe will eat something quick (ravioli with jar sauce... which I hate!)And that can be done in 1 pot. Abby will eat veggie chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes & broccoli. I'll eat frozen salmon, mashed potatoes & broccoli. The salmon & nuggets go in the oven at the same temp, the nuggets just take longer.

    ReplyDelete